Introducing Owner Attorney Jack R. Sturgill
“(Jack is a) very, very zealous advocate” who treats opposing counsel, “the parties and witnesses for the other side with extreme courtesy and dignity”. – prominent Circuit Court Judge
Jack R. Sturgill, Principal of the Law Office of Jack Sturgill, has practiced civil litigation for over 40 years. As an experienced litigator and real estate law attorney in Maryland, he focuses his practice on legal matters pertaining to real estate, land use, eminent domain and condemnation, business and corporate law, estate planning, estate administration, personal injury, and administrative law. Additionally, he is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court Maryland Court Of Appeals.
Jack is a recognized expert in Maryland condemnation and real estate law. His knowledge and experience-based insights regarding the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) have earned him a reputation as an ‘appraiser’s attorney.’ Jack also has an insider’s knowledge of state and local government matters, having served as a Maryland Special Assistant Attorney General and Assistant County Attorney, Chief of Real Property.
A dedicated supporter of the local community, Jack participates in local boards and committees and serves as an instructor in numerous schools and organizations, such as Stevenson University and the Maryland Association of Appraisers.
Jack and his team of dedicated staff members are all guided by a commitment to client service. Together, they make the Law Office of Jack R. Sturgill a successful and efficient practice with a unique take on problem solving and a deep compassion for both clients and the community at large.
- Maryland Association of Appraisers, Instructor
- International Right of Way Association, Instructor
- Stevenson University, Assistant Professor
- Towson University, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Loyola College Graduate School, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Baltimore County, Legal Coordinator for the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Council of the Boards and Commissions for the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Chairman
- Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners, Consumer Member
- Maryland State Board of Nursing, Consumer Member
- Baltimore County Development Corporation, Board of Directors
- Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union, Board of Directors
- PetER, Board of Directors
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1974
- Johns Hopkins University, Urban Planning, Graduate Study
- Towson University, Bachelor of Science, 1971
To learn more about what Jack and his team can do for you, please contact us today.